Sunday, August 15, 2010

CHANGES

There have been lots of changes in the last few months!! I moved back to Mexico for 4 months to help my parents take care of my Grandma. Broke up with my boyfriend, quit my job & left all of my belongings at my sisters house. Ill be leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow to go back to Utah to work and hopefully go to school. Lots of things have happened, good & bad, in the last few months. Just a couple of days after I got home I got a call from a classmate from High School and he said he had bad news. One of our friends had been killed in a car accident. That Friday was the funeral, and even though it was good to see so many of my friends, the circumstances were horrible. He left a 3 year old boy and his wife & mother. He had been supporting the whole family for several years and was just about to finish school. We have all known each other for at least 10 years, most of us since we were 6 or 7 years old. That day, one of our friends was kidnapped and a week later killed along with several other men. Not being able to go to his funeral was hard on all of us, friends and family, and even though we werent able to pay our respects, his family knew we were there in spirit. We have lost several friends and acquaintances with the horrible things that have been going on in the cities & states surrounding us. Unfortunately for them, what you get is what you deserve, and when you put yourself in dangerous situations things are not likely going to turn out well. It is a shame that so many young people have died, but I know their deaths serve as a constant remider that what we do highly affects our lives and the lives of everyone around us. With Abel & Carlos's deaths so close together, it really made our generation take a step back & try to reconnect with everyone alot more. It helped us become a much stronger generation and group of friends. About 3 months into my stay, I took Bryce up to Utah with me for a week. I had a wedding to go to in Idaho and it was a very quick but fun trip. I was able to stay with a friend in SLC and go to a SL Bees game.. So much fun, Ive definitely missed baseball games! Barry had already been in Utah for a month, so I took him to ID to the wedding with me & then picked up Bryce and went on our way home! Barry & I left Kimberly ID at 8 30 PM on Friday the 30th of July, picked up Bryce in Orem UT at 2 AM and left town. We got home the next night. Barry & I had been in the car for 26 hrs & I had driven for 24 of them. It was a very long drive back but we made it! I was glad to be able to take a little break and see my friends, and reconnect with friends I hadnt seen in a very long time. My sister had her baby on July 28th, he is such a cute baby boy! They named him Kel Zane Taylor. I was sad that I missed out on being there when Aubrey brought him home but glad that I could be here in Mexico so that my Mom & Dad could be there. My Grandma Taylor just turned 95 on August 11th, she had so many visitors and it was fun being able to celebrate with Grandma. My little brothers are going to start school this next week. Bryce will be a Senior this year and Pierce will just be starting out High School! Exciting times!

1 comment: