Monday, June 7, 2010

Christmas in Kansas (2009)

For Christmas last year Rob & I went to Kansas. Rob drove out in my car with Kaela, but left a week before I could go. His WONDERFUL parents bought me a plane ticket so that I could fly out after I was finished working and drive back with Rob & Kaela. I actually ended up quitting my job at the law firm, so I was able to stay a week or so longer than we had planned. We had so much fun hanging out and spending time with everyone. We went to the Sedgwick County Zoo and saw some GREAT animals, it was so much fun to get out and do something outside even though it was a little chilly! We went to a Christmas party, and we all had a good time! I had a co-worker that went on his mission to Kansas City, MO and has RAVED about this gas station-place that has the best BBQ... We went to try it out and it was SOOO good! Oklahoma Joe's is DEFINITELY a MUST if you're in the area. We also went to the Visitors Center in Kansas City and toured it, it was so much fun! For Christmas Eve, Emily, Sarah (Robs sisters) & I got matching Aeropostale pajamas.. They are so comfy and we were all so cute! :) Rob & I got a boxful of bath necessities.. Toothpastes, Razors, Shampoos, Conditioners, Lotions, All kinds of good stuff!!! (You know you're getting old when... haha) and two AMAZING toothbrushes.. They are Oral B pulsating toothbrushes, and my teeth have NEVER felt cleaner! I absolutely LOOOVE it! Rob got me a pair of jeans and a shirt that I really wanted, I got(my favorite) perfume from Nathan (I had Aaron's name, and gave him a piano book). On our way back from Kansas we stayed in Denver for a night to see some friends and had a great time hanging out with them and taking Kaela to a dog park.. It was a nice little get away and even better that we didn't have a deadline to get back to Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment