Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trading...

Our trading story is ridiculous. I say "Our" because I help make the decisions and help clean out the vehicles, but Rob is the one that does most of the talking and trading. It all started with a '82 Mazda RX7 we got off of Craigslist. The guy lived just across the street from Rob. The guy said it wasn't running and was giving it away. He was getting married and moving that week so he just wanted it gone. Rob looked at it & it just needed a new battery and some starter fluid and it started right up! The guy looked a little upset but signed the title over and let it be. So we took it back to Robs & cleaned it up. A couple weeks later Rob put it up for trade to see if he could get something out of it. A serious strike of luck! Rob traded the RX 7 for a '03 Husqvarna 250 with a guy that wanted the RX 7 for his wife because she had one in high school and loved it. Thank you Memory Lane!! Rob had the Husky for a couple months, went on some good runs up the canyon with a Dirt Bike group and had fun! He found a 19 ft '74 Caravelle Boat and traded it! We had lots of good boating trips to the Lake but decided to trade it because Robs little truck couldn't haul it anymore. Rob traded the boat for a '96 CBR 600 for me! :) To this day it had been my favorite trade and I got to ride it around for a couple weeks. :) I thought I loved riding backseat.. but having a street bike of my own was the absolute BEST! I was pretty good at it for being a first time street bike rider. :) Robs friend Jeremy came and hung out with us and gave me a few pointers since he had one like mine that he stunted out. A couple of weeks of my hounding Rob to let me ride more and more often, he finally hit his breaking point, and was too nervous and scared about me riding... So we traded it. (SAD DAY!) but we had a good deal, and traded it for a VERY nice and well taken care of dirt bike. Yes a dirt bike AGAIN! (So much for staying on the safe side). Rob kept the '04 Honda CR 250 for a few months, went to some good rides, and even raced in Tooele County... After he was done with that little adventure... He traded the dirt bike for a '97 Honda Accord, kept it for a couple weeks, and after we found out we couldn't pass emissions, we traded it for a black '95 Jeep Cherokee. We have kept it for a couple months and LOVE playing in it. But, all good things must come to an end... and Rob is selling the jeep to his parents in Kansas and I'm sure he'll find something else to invest in or play around with. Here's hoping its to something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment